Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Full Time 7AM - 3 AM
- Voorhees Township, NJ
In affiliation with the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, Lions Gate is a continuing care retirement community (CCRC) specifically designed for seniors. The community provides on-site healthcare, housekeeping, maintenance, dining, transportation and other services, as well as cultural, educational and recreational programs.
A Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence in aging services. Provides quality nursing care to geriatric residents; performs various resident care activities and other services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comforts of residents in a skilled nursing environment. The C.N.A. is responsible for assisting Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses in treating patients throughout the nursing department under the direct supervision of licensed staff and Nurse Manager.
- Accepts assignments from supervisor in a warm and caring manner.
- Provides total care or assists residents with bed bath, tub bath or shower, dental, hair and nail care, shaving, dressing, undressing, application of makeup.
- Provides total care or assists residents with elimination needs including toileting by offering bed pan, urinal or taking to bathroom, keep incontinent residents clean at all times, changing linens as often as necessary, ambulatory, transferring, positioning by using assistive devices such as walker, wheelchair, Hoyer lift, gait belt or lift sheets.
- Makes resident’s beds, sets room in order, assists and encourage residents with self-help measures and activities.
- Answers call lights promptly and immediate responds to needs of resident.
- Takes and records temperatures/vital signs.
- Assists with and/or perform procedures as outlined, with proper instruction and supervision, such as: admitting, transferring, discharging residents; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording intake and output; collecting specimens such as urine, stool and sputum; doing clinitests, acetone tests; empties drainage bottles; applies hot and cold compresses, gives sitz bathes; cares for patients in isolation; may give exercise and massage; assists with dying and dead; sees that safety devices are in use and safety precautions are followed; sees that room temperature and humidity are compatible with residents needs; assists nurses in giving treatments and examining patients.
- Maintains resident’s body positioning and alignment both in and out of bed, performing passive range of motion exercises and teaching the resident to perform active range of motion exercise. Encourage and assists bedfast residents to change position at least two hours per day and night to stimulate circulation and prevent decubitus ulcers, contractures and other deformities.
- Checks diet trays with diet orders before serving; serves trays including opening containers and cutting food as needed, assists/feeds residents, removes tray; maintains intake and output as requested.
- Provides personal care to resident after all meals.
- Applies aseptic technique in all resident care to prevent spread of disease and infection.
- Observes residents and notes physical condition, attitude, reaction, appetite, etc., and reports changes of unusual findings to supervisor.
- Observes and reports physical and/or behavioral changes in resident immediately to charge nurse.
- Prepares residents for tests/x-rays, physician/dentist visits, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, activities, visits to other areas of the facility.
- Performs personal services for residents within reason such as: reading to them, writing letters for them, operating TV/radio, assists with recreational and occupational therapy projects in their rooms.
- Performs all AM/PM resident care as assigned and in accordance with the facility’s nursing department policies and procedures.
- Participates and may facilitate individual and or group activities for cognitively impaired residents as directed.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor or designee.
- Nursing Assistant training and current certification in good standing on New Jersey Nurse Aide Registry.
- 3 years experience as a C.N.A. in a long term care enviornment.
- Experience working in a geriatric setting.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- All applicants must sucessfully pass a drug screen, criminal background check and physical. EOE
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.