Contract - Associate Engineer or Senior Associate Engineer
- 419 Davis Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
Liquidia Technologies is a biopharmaceutical company transforming the development of new therapies by precisely engineering drug particles. Our proprietary PRINT technology is a simple, elegant solution that solves common problems with drug delivery and efficacy. PRINT technology is a scalable cGMP compliant process that creates particles and can apply to virtually any therapeutic area, molecule or route of administration. Liquidia is bringing more efficient, controlled development capabilities to the industry while enhancing the safety and quality of products for patients. Liquidia is advancing product candidates from its own pipeline. These initial product candidates, LIQ861 and LIQ865, apply the PRINT technology to better drug delivery in inhaled and pain therapeutic areas, respectively. The PRINT technology is also licensed with world-leading pharmaceutical companies that are developing future product candidates.
The Associate Engineer / Senior Associate Engineer works within cross-functional teams to develop processes for the manufacturing of novel particles for engineered drug delivery.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
· Work with team of engineers and technicians to manufacture materials to support preclinical and clinical R&D projects
· Serve as manufacturing representative for one or more R&D project teams to assist in process development activities to ensure adequate material supplies to meet project objectives
· Support R&D project teams through the use of process engineering tool such process mapping, Cause and Effect Diagrams, pFMEA and basic Six Sigma tools
· Assist project teams in the transition for lab scale to commercial scale manufacturing
· Work under the direction of senior engineering staff to complete small to medium scope projects including the evaluation and implementation of process changes to improve product quality, decrease cost, and improve manufacturing efficiencies
· Contribute to the design of experimental plans and lead the execution, data analysis and summation of results, under the direction of senior engineering staff
· Maintain accurate, detailed documentation throughout all phases of process development
· Communicate and suggest process changes and improvements to internal customers
· All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· B.S. degree in a technical discipline (Engineering preferred) with 2+ years’ experience in process development or manufacturing operations required.
· Or M.S. degree in a technical discipline (Engineering preferred) with 0-1 years’ experience in process development or manufacturing operations required.
· Experience in Medical Device, Pharma or other FDA regulated industry a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated aptitude for ‘hands-on’ experimentation with an exemplary history as a “self-starter”
· Mechanical aptitude is a must, experience in the troubleshooting of production equipment preferred
· Must be detail oriented with excellent communication and documentation skills
· Familiarity with Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools including DoE, process capability analysis, C/E Matrix, pFMEA, fish bone diagrams, etc. preferred
· Demonstrated experience in process development including experimental design, execution, data analysis and results summation
· Familiarity with one or more Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools including DoE, process capability analysis, fish bone diagrams, etc. preferred
· Ability to interpret data and summarize results
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.