Vice President / Senior Vice President, Legal Counsel
- 419 Davis Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
Liquidia Corporation operates through the company’s subsidiaries, Liquidia Technologies, Inc. and RareGen, LLC (RareGen). The Company, through Liquidia Technologies, Inc., is a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of products using its PRINT technology. It is focused on developing two product candidates: LIQ861, an inhaled dry powder formulation of treprostinil for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), and LIQ865, an injectable, sustained-release formulation of bupivacaine for the management of local post-operative pain for three to five days after a procedure. RareGen provides commercialization for rare disease pharmaceutical products, such as Sandoz Inc.’s generic treprostinil for PAH.
The VP/SVP, Corporate Counsel will be a key member of the senior management team responsible for leading the legal function at Liquidia Corporation. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer. Liquidia’s home office is in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
- Actively participate as a senior member of management, work directly with the senior management team to provide legal and business counsel, and establish and influence appropriate ethical standards and legal considerations in company decisions and practices.
- Advise on business relationships and transactions; securities and exchange experience; regulatory compliance; corporate governance; financing agreements; litigation; research and intellectual property matters; labor and employment issues; day-to-day business questions; and outside counsel management.
- Lead contracting, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of contracts (e.g., MSAs, SOWs, MTAs, CTAs, NDAs, various vendor agreements, consulting agreements, clinical CRO agreements, manufacturing agreements, license agreements, and software licenses). Prompt intervention to manage contractual conflicts as appropriate.
- Advise on technical, software, and data-related legal issues
- Lead legal operations, including records management program, and support corporate projects as needed
- Work closely across research, development, manufacturing, and commercial teams to proactively identify and articulate legal issues and risks and provide practical advice and training (where appropriate) through trusted partnerships
- Lead management of outside counsel
- Manage legal budget
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice in and in good standing
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience gained through a combination of law firm and in-house experience. Strong preference for industry experience in a technical or pharmaceutical business.
- Commercial experience preferred
- Business counseling experience, including pharmaceutical company experience strongly preferred
- Experience implementing change initiatives and working in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization; requires gravitas, judgment and self-confidence but also respect for others and willingness to work as a team member.
- Personal credibility and the ability to articulate legal positions and strategies concisely and quickly
- Experience with compliance-related issues and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and enable compliance with company policies and procedures
- Proven track record of strong negotiation, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to influence and build relationships
- Exposure to securities, M&A, financing and other corporate transactions strongly desired
- Public company experience required.
- Skilled at advising senior management
- Skilled at managing outside counsel
- Excellent organizational and project-management skills
- Strong and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic culture
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.