Sales Development Representative
- 1904 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
LiveStories is a venture-backed company building modern tools to make civic data actionable and usable. Governments - world’s largest sector - depend on LiveStories to be more data-driven, transparent, and productive. Businesses, schools, and researchers depend on LiveStories to streamline their data operations. Our customers are located as far as Kenya or as close as Washington and California.
We love data and believe in its power to transform how we live, work, and play. We obsess over simplifying access to data, so that anyone can gather insights. We look for people who can demonstrate versatility and creativity in working with data. If you obsess over changing the world, and are passionate about open data, cool data visualizations, data-driven business, high velocity sales, and Sim City, we would love to talk to you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prospect and schedule product demos
- Grow business within assigned prospect lists, and expand into related departments and agencies.
- Quickly develop thorough knowledge of company products and client verticals in government and nonprofit sectors
- Maintain a high volume of daily prospecting calls.
- Quickly establish rapport on the phone and back it up with confident credibility
- Achieve monthly quotas of scheduled demos and qualified opportunities.
- Represent the values and vision of our customers and partners.
- Work closely across all teams including Account Executives, Customer Success and Marketing
- Sell into public health, learn common health trends sweeping the nation
- Lots of travel involved: we go to conferences all over the country as they are a great source of leads for us
- 1 - 3 years of experience working on a sales team, within a technology environment
- Passion for technology's impact on society and can communicate that passion effectively
- A systematic approach to sales outreach and follow up
- Ambition to be part of a fast-paced, high-growth sales culture
- Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change
- Crisp written communication and fluency of expression
- Solid computer skills, especially around modern CRM systems
- BA/BS degree. Business, Finance, Accounting, Communications or other related fields
- Excellent references (recent and relevant) from both former clients and employers
- A positive attitude
Our benefits include:
- Competitive performance-based compensation
- Unlimited commission structure
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Travel and company-wide team activities
- An incredible team of smart, dedicated, and supportive people