- Edinburgh, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
Locus Robotics is currently searching for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Robotics Software team. This exciting role will focus on working with fleet and site data for our cutting edge, industry leading robotic ecommerce order fulfillment solution.
The Locus Robotics solution creates a large volume of data, providing crucial insight into site and fleet performance. This data is used for optimization and troubleshooting analytics, informing our continuous improvement strategy. The Data Engineer will be responsible for managing and optimizing our fleet monitoring systems and working with our robotics software team to provide data analysis. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data analytics, continuous improvement and should also like robots!
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing company that has developed a leading commercial AMR solution in the logistics industry.
This role can be remote, or onsite or hybrid at either our Wilmington, MA or Amsterdam, NL offices. Also eligible to hire remote workers in the UK, Canada, and Germany.
- Improve and extend fleet monitoring systems and monitoring infrastructure
- Take ownership of real-time fleet monitoring and alerts functionality
- Extend on-robot monitoring tooling
- Maintain monitoring cluster configuration and manage data life-cyles
- Document data schema and interfaces for company internal access
- Provide support for internal customer requirements
- BSc involving computer science, artificial intelligence, informatics, or data
- 2+ years hands on experience with Apache Kafka and Apache Flink
- Java and or Python programming essential
- C++ experience a plus
- Confident and capable with stream processing using Kafka and Flink
- Experienced with managing Kafka cluster configuration
- Knowledge of performing EDA through Kibana and Elasticsearch a plus
- Experience with Apache Spark and Apache Airflow would be an added advantage
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer