Senior Data Engineer
- Edinburgh, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
The Locus Robotics solution creates a large volume of data, providing crucial insight into site and fleet performance. This data is used for optimization and troubleshooting analytics, informing our continuous improvement strategy. We are seeking an experienced developer to set up, integrate, and maintain an array of big data technologies into an ecosystem that optimizes the storage and handling of this data. This role will create models, failure predictions, behavioral analysis, optimization strategies, and use these products to improve our solution. The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience with these tools, and an understanding of the theory and principles behind them.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing company that has developed a leading commercial AMR solution in the logistics industry.
This role can be remote, or onsite or hybrid at either our Wilmington, MA or Amsterdam, NL offices.
- Big picture thinking on big data challenges at a fast-growing company looking to maximize the insight from its data.
- Implement and maintain a complete data ecosystem, from data lakes, to Spark cluster, to models, dashboards, and other data products.
- Provide support to, and discuss requirements from, internal customers to determine data products that they require.
- BSc or MSc involving computer science, artificial intelligence, informatics, or data.
- 5+ years’ experience with big data tools and applications.
- Python programming essential, and competent Java or Scala programming a plus.
- Proven experience with using and maintaining a Spark cluster for big data processing.
- Good working knowledge of PySpark; Amazon EMR or Databricks; AWS S3 and AWS Lambda.
- Experience with Kafka an advantage.
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer