Senior Robotics Software Engineer (Hardware/Sensor Interface)
- Wilmington, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
Locus Robotics is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to work on our hardware and sensor interface applications. Our robotic ecommerce order fulfillment solution uses multiple communication interfaces between ROS and our sensor suite. We are searching for an experienced developer that has extensive expertise with camera and sensor interfaces and troubleshooting USB and ethernet communications.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing company that has developed a leading commercial AMR solution in the logistics industry.
This role can be remote, or onsite or hybrid at either our Wilmington, MA or Amsterdam, NL offices.
- Implement TCP/UDP/USB/V4L communications between the various sensors and the PC
- Work with vendors to debug and optimize communications between the sensors and PC
- Work with the firmware team to implement new functionality between the motor control board and the PC
- Test new sensor candidates with respect to bandwidth and CPU requirements
- 5+ years’ experience with network and USB communications
- Experience with the Linux UDP/TCP stack
- Experience with the Linux USB stack
- Experience with V4L a plus
- Expert knowledge of C/C++
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer