Senior Robotics Software Engineer, Tools (UI/ API/Python)
- Wilmington, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
Locus Robotics Robotics Software team is searching for a talented Senior Software Developer to lead and manage our fleet monitoring tool capabilities. This high visibility lead role will use front and back-end development skills to create web application tools and feature support for deployments in two specific product lines, Fleet monitoring and Fleet Administration. Providing access to critical fleet information for our Success, Support and Field Service teams, this cross functional role will work on a variety of high priority and challenging projects that are critical to our customers.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing company that has developed a leading commercial AMR solution in the logistics industry!
This role can be remote, or onsite or hybrid at either our Wilmington, MA or Amsterdam, NL offices.
- Take ownership of the maintenance and enhancement of Fleet Monitor, our web-based real-time robot monitoring application.
- Develop a plan for scaling Fleet Monitor to effectively manage tens of thousands of robots at hundreds of sites worldwide.
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders and identify features and fixes to implement.
- Support the continued development of cloud-based web APIs and web server applications through design discussions, code reviews, and development work.
- Strong comfort level with HTML, CSS, JSON, and other common web technologies.
- 3+ years' experience with web application server / database / API development.
- Experience with WebSocket-based APIs.
- Experience with developing and maintaining stable, documented HTTP APIs utilized by external consumers.
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer