Robotics Sensor Calibration Engineer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
Locus Robotics is searching for a talented Robotics Sensor Calibration Engineer to join our Robotics Software team. This role will focus on working with sensor calibration, lens distortions, and visual mapping to ensure robot sensors are positioned and working properly. The successful candidate for this role will have a passion for sensors and visual systems, as applied to a cutting-edge practical robotics solution in use in dozens of ecommerce order fulfilment sites around the world. Our robots operate in a variety of dynamic, complex and rapidly-evolving warehouse environments, creating the need for robust collaboration capabilities and collision avoidance strategies.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing company that has developed a leading commercial AMR solution in the logistics industry.
This role will be onsite at our Wilmington, MA headquarters.
- Design and implement calibration routines for typical robotics sensors: cameras, lidar, IMU, wheel odometry, etc.
- Work with the manufacturing team to develop achievable calibration processes in production.
- Design and implement field calibration routines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Proficient in C++ and numerical optimization. Experience with Google Ceres Solver a plus.
- Experience with typical robotics sensors: IMUs, wheel encoders, lidar, cameras.
- An inexplicable love of calibration.
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer