Website & Content Manager
- Montreal, Canada
Founded in 2002, Longbow Advantage Inc. is a Leading JDA supply chain management software consulting firm. We are specialized in the implementation, integration and custom modification of complex Warehouse Management Systems (WMS). Our major partner is RedPrairie, a global leader in supply chain solutions that has systems in use in over 60,000 sites around the world. Longbow encourages a hard-working and fun environment where you and your good ideas get recognized. You will not be anonymous in your work.
At Longbow you will contribute to the dynamic energy of a varied and skilled team. Our core competencies that link directly to our values are : Teamwork, Customer Service Excellence, Results Orientation and Walk the Talk.
Check us out at www.longbowadvantage.com
The Website & Content Manager is primarily responsible for the strategic creation and posting of content on the Longbow Advantage website and social media sites. The Website & Content Manager will have their eye firmly on what to post, and when and where to post it, specifically for the purpose of developing and nurturing sales leads, and also manage day-to-day website and social media activities. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team player, with a passion for both writing and disseminating content, such as blogs, newsletters, white papers, PR posts etc.
- Serve as day to day web marketing and web communications lead for Longbow, working closely with Longbow Senior Leadership, Team Managers, external partners and vendors
- Create, develop and manage content for Longbow’s web presence, including but not limited to industry related blogs, white papers, company newsletters, etc.
- Copy edit, proofread and disseminate all Longbow web content.
- Electronically distribute a range of analytic and informational publications or written content through various electronic means, including Social Networking sites such as Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, Industry Groups, etc.
- Post various content to the appropriate networks and identify which content should be disseminated to which networks.
- Continually maintain the Longbow website and social network sites with new content updates and ensure a consistent look and feel throughout all web related properties.
- Update Longbow’s JIRA system for tasks required for web related updates and work closely with Longbow technical team to ensure all Longbow Web Site platforms are updated appropriately.
- Support Longbow technical team on the development of SOPs for current tasks and collaborate to develop and implement a new dissemination platform.
- Gather requirements and work with IT staff to improve processes and tools.
- Develop and maintain the master content calendar for all web properties.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events.
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference.
- Track and report on all site metrics and ensure Longbow Advantage is listed within the top 5 sites for organic searches on “RedPrairie WMS Implementation”
- Initiate communication and work cooperatively on a daily basis with key team members, clients and vendors.
- Oversee freelancers, including writers, copyeditors and community outreach organizers.
- Develop briefing materials on production processes, including classification guides and sourcing guides, as required
Assist Senior VP Business Development in creation of marketing strategy based on strategic analysis of market dynamics, client profiles, competitive analysis, Longbow market positioning in support of key business objectives.
Ideally the candidate for this position would possess the following technical and non-technical skills:
- Undergraduate degree in one of the following areas: Graphics Arts, Web Design, Content Management, Communications, Marketing or Business Administration.
- Must be fluent in both English and French, both written and verbal
- A good eye for design and exceptional communication (strong grammar) and organizational skills.
- Ability to efficiently disseminate content through to the Web including multiple social networks
- Experience with Web publishing, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Fireworks, and InDesign.
- Experience with requirements gathering and systems development.
- Experience with electronic dissemination platforms that are available within the IC and community metadata standards.
- Knowledge of the procedures and regulations regarding the classification and dissemination of finished intelligence.
- Experience with the intelligence community.
- Experience with Web technology, publication manuals, Web page template generation, or authoring procedural documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Some experience with Outlook, Hub Spot, HTML and PHP development would be ideal but not all are a must
- Experience creating and modifying CSS and JS files as part of website development would be ideal, but not a must
- Should be knowledgeable in using and modifying Wordpress.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.