Residential Building Superintendent
- New York, NY
Los Sures Management is hiring!
Position: Residential Building Superintendent
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AD, ACCEPTING APPLICANTS WITH PRIOR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
General Job Characteristics
• Schedule consists of a 40-hour workweek. A superintendent is required to be on call and respond to emergencies regardless of whether the emergency occurs during the employee's regular working hours.
• All maintenance staff will report directly to the Director of Maintenance, and will understand that they are required to communicate any problems or questions, to ensure excellent job performance.
The following represent the general job requirements. This list is not exhaustive, and other reasonable tasks may be asked of you in conjunction with your position:
A. Make all necessary minor repairs, including but not limited to the following:
1. Repair leaky faucets, replacement of washers
2. Repair leaks under kitchen sinks/basins
3. Replace defective toggle switches and outlets
4. Clear sink, basin, and toilet stoppages
5. Replace ceiling fixtures
6. Repair door locks and replace knobs as necessary
7. Replace gas range knobs or burners
8. Repair window sashes, balances, chains, etc.
9. Replace defective radiator air valves and repair leaky radiator shut-off valves
B. Be responsible for the maintenance and operation of all building equipment, fixed and portable
C. Maintain a perpetual inventory of material, tools, supplies, and equipment and regulate their use
D. Order all necessary supplies, material, and equipment through the main office
E. Handle resident complaints by communicating with the main office
F. Work with the main office towards the improvement of building maintenance standards and resident-management relations
G. Keep current all licenses and permits necessary for the personal execution of duties
H. Make prompt reports on all accidents and building emergencies to the main office
I. Maintain all public, on-residential spaces and grounds in a clean and presentable condition
J. Be responsible for trash removal and disposal of all refuse and debris
K. Be on 24-hour call for any emergency situation (overtime will be paid for any time worked due to emergency calls that exceeds the 40 hour work week)
L. Notify main office immediately of any violations served by governmental agencies or insurance carriers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills.
Requirements for the position:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong people/communication skills.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Must be willing to be On-Call
- Highly motivated service-oriented self starter
- Years of Experience: 3 years or more experience in this field.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experienced in building maintenance with some knowledge of boiler repair, general plumbing, electrical, carpentry, sheet rocking, taping, painting, tiling and woodworking.
- Computer literate a must (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must possess good writing and communication skills.
- Must be bi-lingual (Spanish and English) able to read and write in both languages.
- Knowledge in inventory control and building safety standards desired.
- Clean NYS Driver’s License
- OSHA 10hr certificate.
Eager to help residents
Start Date: Immediately
DO NOT APPLY IF DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
Please send resumes via email to email@example.com.
Make sure to include " Residential Building Superintendent " in the subject line. (without the quotes, emails without appropriate subject will not be viewed)
or via mail to:
ATTN: Human Resources
213 South 4th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211
You may also fax your resume to (718) 387-4683, Attention: Human Resources