RN / LPN - Pediatric Home Care
- Elkhart, IN
Loving Care Agency is a leading provider of Home Care Services that enables childrena and adults to be cared fro in their home environment that is warm, familiar and nurturing. Our highly qualified team of clinicians (including nurses, home care aides and therapists) provide the highest quality care with compassion, commitment and integrity. With over 35 offices located in 6 states (NJ, PA, IL, IN, MA and AZ) Loving Care Agency works with most major insurance plans, managed care organizations and state agencies.
$$ Sign on Bonus available for Pediatric Vent Experience $$
Don't just go to work....make a difference in the life of a child!
Our children are waiting for you! Think back to when you first realized you wnated to be a nurse... What was it that motivated you? Did you look forward to the opportunity to make a positive difference in peoples lives? Was it the chance to adminster cutting-edge treatments and master technological advances in patient support? If this rings true with you then join our pediatric home care team at Loving Care Agency!
We are seeking upbeat and positive nurses to provide one-on-one care for pediatric patients in their homes. Full-time, part time and per diem positions are available hourly or per visit. As a nurse with Loving Care Agency you will enjoy flexibility, freedom, diverse nursing assignments and access to continuing education. You will adminster skilled nursing care for pediatric patients depending on your skill level to include G-tubes, ventilator and tracheostomy care.
At Loving Care, we understandd that in order to provide the high-quality patient care we are known for, we must first support our most precious resource - our nurses and other caregivers who play such an important role in the success of our children. As a nurse with Loving Care, you can expect a competitive compensation and benfits package as well as advancement opportunities in clinical and/or business management. We offer continuing education credits, provide hands on training and skills practice to support your professional developement. As a Loving Care/Links2Care nurse you may be eligible for:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short term disability insurance
- Group Accident, Critical Illness and Cancer Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Heartbeat Program (points awarded for great performance that add up to incentives like PTO or Cash)
- Direct Deposit or check card options
- Flexible scheduling options
Loving Care Agency and our sister agency, Links2Care, are leading providers of Home care services. We provide our clinicians with the education, support and tools they need to help us provide high-tech and compassionate care. Our dedicated clinicians offer a unique blend of compassion and expertise to those we serve, ensuring a safe and nursing enviornment that balances the social, emotional and physical needs of our patients and their families.
Loving Care Agency is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.lovingcareagency.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Current LPN licensure, in good standing, in the state(s) within which they will practice
- 1 year professional nursing experience is required; an exception to this may be made for nurses with 6-12 months experience with written approval from the corporate clinical department
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong clinical judgment and critical thinking skills to make effective decisions with ability to adhere to Company/State/Regulatory requirements
- Experience in Home Healthcare preferred Internal Description
- Evaluate the patient’s response to treatment and communicates changes to the RN as indicated.
- Adhere to the established care plan, the physician’s plan of treatment under the direction of a RN
- Provide skilled nursing care as outlined in the nursing care plan to include the following: a. Nursing services, administrations of treatments, medications and procedures requiring the skills of the LPN, under the direction of a RN and as ordered by the physician. b. Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to a Registered Nurse the patient’s response to treatments, medications and other interventions, as well as changes in the client’s physical or emotional condition.
- The LPN documents the care provided to the patient, any changes noted in the patients condition and/or family and home situation. All changes in the patient’s condition will be reported directly to the Registered Nurse and documented in the clinical notes.
- Demonstrate sound clinical judgment
- Maintain professional boundaries with patients and their families
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times with family members and patients
- Discuss issues, problems or concerns relating to patient care or services with the RN supervisor or Clinical Manager
- Discuss scheduling with the staffing coordinators. Does not discuss scheduling issues directly with patient’s or their families
- Report incidents, accidents or injuries of either employee or patient to the clinical manager or branch director promptly.
- Report changes in the patient’s condition to the RN supervisor or clinical manager
- Contact the RN or clinical manager to discuss recommendations to alter the plan of treatment.
- Prepare and submits all required paperwork at least weekly
- Coordinates with other disciplines, agencies and providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Is responsible for the care and safekeeping of agency property
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Continually strives to improve nursing care by broadening knowledge through formal education, attendance at workshops, conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of patients and/or employee information in compliance with HIPAA rules. Maintain compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, company policies/procedures and accreditation standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Compliance with all requirements set forth company policy, state/federal regulations and within the company’s compliance program.
- The ability to comprehend and follow directions as appropriate given by the company, supervisory personnel and in compliance with physicians orders. Acts as an advocate for the patient.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of services provided in order to meet regulatory requirements, company policy and to ensure reimbursement for services provided.
The LPN is responsible to ensure their own professional development by attending appropriate internal or external inservice education programs in order to keep abreast of clinical standards and maintain licensure. Internal in-service programs are offered without charge throughout the year and scheduled well in advance so that all may attend.