- New York, NY
Lugh Studio, Inc. is a branding and graphic design studio that provides focused and effective branding strategies. In over 15 years of business, Lugh Studio has worked with clients in a variety of industries ranging from Fortune 100 companies to small start-ups. Our multi-lingual onsite staff, as well as our extensive network of freelance talent, enable us to work effectively in different media and languages, domestically and internationally. Located in downtown Brooklyn with a spectacular view of the harbor and New York skyline, Lugh Studio offers a uniquely creative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
All team members wear several hats. As associate, you support the President execute his responsibilities for all entities.You work in coordination with his assistant to ensure all assistant responsibilities are covered. The assistant is a part-time position so it is your responsibility to cover those critical responsibilities when she is not present.
As production manager you are responsible for project trafficking, managing production and communication with our clients andvendors, via phone, email, and in-person meetings. Track progress of all jobs and make sure all files are delivered efficiently, accurately, and on time. The right candidate will thrive in a high-velocity and constantly evolving work environment. You need to have a track record of "getting things done” and have extremely strong organizational skills and work independently as well as collaboratively.
You are responsible to make certain that the designers know their tasks and expected deadlines, vendors have all the information they need, and to interact directly with clients to ensure their needs are met. You are often the clients' and visitors' first point of contact. It is important to greet guests in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner and answer the phone in a pleasant, upbeat manner. You report to the President.
Your success depends on your ability to be a team player, multitask, prioritize, work under pressure, and meet deadlines. Salary, depending on experience: $32-36K + medical benefits.
- Check in with the President & CEO every morning to review the schedule of the day.
- Coordinate with assistant to ensure all company administrative duties are addressed.
- Assist with creating and distributing proposals, estimates, invoices, and statements.
- Answer phones and perform other administrative duties. (lways ask for a phone number if you don’t know for a fact you always have one. If the caller’s name is not clear, ask them to spell it for you.)
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process for designers.
- Maintain file database. Keep tidy andup-to-date.
- Keep desk and area neat.
- Act as host to all guests.
- Check voicemail daily.
- Handle all outgoing packages, arranging for pick-up by courier, FedEx or UPS, as appropriate.
- Coordinate and order food for company functions such as meetings with clients, other guests, staff meetings, etc.
- Take inventory of all office supplies and replenish supplies once a month.
- Responsible for upkeep of all office equipment. Fill with copier paper as needed. Check toner levels on printers and ensure toner is in stock.
- Process credit card payments using QuickBooks.
- Run small errands as necessary.
- Take in and manage jobs.
- Follow up with clients after jobs have been delivered and finalized.
- Responsible for all client interaction including planning and leading meetings, as well as continual client contact throughout project.
- Manage client projects.
- Open new job numbers, put into QuickBooks, Basecamp and Harvest.
- Assist in putting together proposals and back-up materials for proposals.
- Oversee all phases of assigned projects including management of cost, quality, and schedules.
- Proofread as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date traffic list.
- Run morning production meetings.
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously and function well under pressure.
- Assign tasks to designers andother staff, track progress of projects, proof completed tasks, and relay to client.
- Coordinate printing if required for a project.
- Communicate and negotiate with active vendors.
- Communicate with the client on production-related issues.
- Issue purchase orders to vendors.
- Issue and update workorders for clients.
- Proofread projects.
- Participate in a stringent and comprehensive quality control process.
- Contribute to improvements in process, client satisfaction, and overall quality.
- When in doubt, ask questions.
- Be proactive about following up on items we set out to accomplish during the day.
- When ichatted, acknowledge that you have read the message.
- Communicate with designers and freelancers on projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to manage multiple members of a creative design team.
- 2+ years of creative-based work experience.
- Solid proficiency with Mac computers & Microsoft programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Time management and project management skills are crucial.
- Experience managing complex projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Experience setting and meeting aggressive deadlines.
Preferred but not required skills
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using Basecamp Project Management software.
- Understanding of branding and/or web design process.
- Good eye for design.
- Keep the President appropriately updated on all office issues at all times.
- Meet agreed deliveries for tasks as assigned by the President.
- Ensure immediate feed-back to the President when assigned tasks are completed.
- Be current and able to answer questions about job status in-house.
- Update daily job log to keep current before each morning production meeting.
• Ensure punctuality on all issues including being ready to work at 10 a.m. every day.
We are a small graphic design and branding firm located in Brooklyn. We have been in business for 16 years working with start-ups and Fortune 100 companies. We have three subsidiaries including a niche software company, a start-up software company, and a bistro in Pennsylvania.