- Washington, DC
Lumen Solutions Inc., is a technology consulting services company based in Virginia. We provide a wide array of experienced business and IT professionals supporting clients from solution design to implementation and support. We specialize in strategy development, portfolio management and enterprise architecture.
- Respond to government Requests for Proposals and Quotes (RFP/RFQs) and government inquiries on corporate capabilities.
- Develop and prepare proposals that are in full compliance with customer requirements.
- Analyze customer requirements and inputs (verbal or written), develop a requirements matrix, a strategy, and win theme(s) for each proposal.
- Write (Original text based on your research), and edit proposals, sources sought, capabilities statements and other technical related documents
- Work with rapid turnaround times and deadlines.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends, as required.
- One month contract assignment, can be done part time/ remote
- 1-3 years of experience in a proposal development environment, including writing, editing, proofreading and production support.
- Experience in technical writing is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Major in Communications or English is a plus.
- Ability to verbally convey technical concepts in clear, concise and understandable terms is also required.
- Solid research skills and the ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, practices and specialized vocabulary of various technical fields.
- Requires experience with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience doing web research, and proficiency with graphics software such as Visio, Photoshop and Freehand a plus.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel, from executive to administrative staff.
- Have an understanding of the government procurement process including RFIs, RFPs, SBIRs, etc.
- Nice to have (RFP experience in Transportation/ FAA/ Government/Federal etc.