Agile Project Manager
- Washington, DC
Lumen Solutions Inc., is a technology consulting services company based in Virginia. We provide a wide array of experienced business and IT professionals supporting clients from solution
design to implementation and support. We specialize in strategy development, portfolio management and enterprise architecture.
This project will require an experienced project manager who has sufficient breadth and depth of expertise in managing projects delivered under an overall product strategy roadmap to create or enhance existing web services using an agile method for delivery.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced project manager who has supported product strategy and roadmap goals for the creation of integration and data web services using a service oriented architecture (SOA) to extend new or existing product applications for consumption by multiple external customers. The candidate must also have experience in full lifecycle software development together with strong working knowledge of agile methodologies primarily agile Scrum and Kanban for web service based projects. The candidate must have experience in working in an environment with multiple partners/customers that requires strong collaboration and planning. Any experience the candidate has in performing in a previous role of Product Owner or Scrum Master in the agile method would be a plus. Lastly, the ideal candidate will also have some experience with helping an organization to transition from a traditional waterfall delivery method to an agile delivery method.
Perform full life-cycle activities in support of the project, which will include, but not limited to:
- Create & maintain project schedules using MS Project.
- Schedule meetings, and capture and distribute meeting minutes
- Write Project Plans, Project Initiation Documents, and other Monitoring and Control Documents such as Variance reports, Issues and Risk logs etc.
- Conduct peer reviews, and write summary reports
- Ensure adherence to schedules
- Ensure adherence to contractual artifact delivery
- Interact with the technical teams
- Work cooperatively on integrated team of staff to successfully address any associated risks and issues.
- Participate in various meetings regarding the coordination of project activities and deliverables
- Collaborate with other identified stakeholders and vendors (partners)
- Collaborate with another Project Manager who is also working on the above noted project
- Ensuring team can feel the shadow of the future by reinforcing the business value of their deliverables
- Facilitating release and sprint planning; stand –ups, retrospectives and sprint demos
- Assisting the Scrum Master to provide coaching to the team to proactively anticipate and remove barriers so they can fully realize self-organization
- Mentoring team members on agile software development principles and practices is a plus.
- Supporting Team building and Team development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a feedback culture.
- Other Project Management deliverables as assigned
A qualified candidate must have the following:
- Strong work experience as an Agile Project Manager working in a highly collaborative Agile environment
- Experience working with multiple partners/customers in a Scrum of Scrum setting
- Demonstrated experience managing projects that use Agile development methodologies and processes (Scrum in particular) on actual multiple project/program engagements required
- Strong Agile Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) experience required
- Experience using agile estimation techniques to help the team and program estimate features, epics, and user stories
- Provide guidance and direction for developers, QA resources, and technical specialists on all assigned projects
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to lead and manage projects with medium to high levels of technical and/or functional complexity
- A strong focus on delivery and good knowledge of delivery assurance practices;
- Strong grasp of project governance, scope management, risk and stakeholder management across multiple projects;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Exposure to a variety of Project Management methodologies;
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary project teams across the whole SDLC.
A qualified candidate is preferred to have the following:
- Project Management Institute - Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP) certification
- Strong background in Process/Change Architecture
- Hands-on experience as an Agile Lead/ Coach, preferably with large organizations
- Experience in designing and implementing significant systems related to process improvement and systems change
- Direct experience working with technology and tools used to support Agile practices - experience with Rally or HP Agile Manager a plus.
- Coaching and mentoring experience such as Agile Coaching Institute coursework
- Experience designing, developing and delivering team based training required
- Strong overall Project Management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office 2000 tool set
- Knowledge of and experience in IT environment
- Knowledge of and experience in full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure, and adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Positive attitude
- Ability to provide oversight to and to coordinate task ownership with other Project Managers who are sharing project responsibilities.
- PMI-PMP (Project Management Professional) certification (Preferred)
- Certificated Scrum Master (CSM) (a plus)
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) (a plus)
- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practioner) certification (a plus)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience (required, MBA is preferred)
- 8 or more years of IT project management experience
- 5 or more years of relevant experience working with agile methods and especially scrum teams
Interview Format: 1st - Phone Screen; 2nd - Group Interview
Term: 12 months minimum, with potential extension