Infrastructure Automation Engineer/ Scripter
- Washington, DC
Lumen Solutions Inc., is a technology consulting services company based in Virginia. We provide a wide array of experienced business and IT professionals supporting clients from solution
design to implementation and support. We specialize in strategy development, portfolio management and enterprise architecture. Lumen is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer for a full time
opportunity with our Fortune 500 client
- Develop and implement automation and Scripts using Jython, Python and Korn scripting.
- Provide daily technical support for the Infrastructure automation.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to support Infrastructure automation initiative.
- Provide Production Environment and Infrastructure support for the Project.
- Create all necessary documents and communicate to the team in support of the project.
- Provide pre and post implementation support for Test and Production environments.
- Conduct training and knowledge transfer on new environments with FTEs.
- The internal drive, intellectual curiosity, ability to learn, and desire to help the customers succeed
- Strong technical skills
- Comfortable working under Project Manager supervision
- Ability to work proactively
Specific Required Skills:
- Infrastructure engineer with a minimum of 8 years’ experience with:
- Strong Scripting and Automation experience with Experience using Jython, Python and Korn.
- Experience building robust test environments
- Environment Infrastructure Build and Automation
- Scripting and Automation experience
- Mid-tier/mainframe platforms and their associated Operation Systems and Tools including:
- UNIX/ Shell Scripting
Notes: Job # 328
- 2 spots
- Interview Blitz on 10/02/14 in Washington DC
- Focus on automation skills
- Jython, Python, Korn
- 8 years minimum exp.
- More infrastructure less deployment
- Scripting in Websphere and AIX environment
- Very focussed on scripting and automation
- 2 resumes per vendor