- College Park, MD
Luminous Technology Group is a world-class Information Technology consulting firm.
We partner with our nationwide clients to ensure that they receive the full benefit of our entire consulting organization each time they engage with Luminous, whether it’s a single resource, or an entire project team.
We are seeking a Network Engineer to develop Data Center network solutions. Responsible for Data Center Network routing and switching supporting all hosted critical healthcare, business, voice, and video applications. Develop options consistent with standards, recommendations & associated cost benefits, and provide engineering design for implementation. Research and assess emerging technologies. Oversee and assist in implementation and support of enterprise-wide network. This is a long-term on-site contract position.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, or related field and/or a minimum of 4 years of equivalent work experience.
* A minimum of 10 years of network and/or telecommunications engineering experience.
* Industry related certifications. Cisco CCNP and/or CCDP. Cisco CCIE certification not required but a definite plus.
* Strong technical project management and engineering skills are mandatory
* Strong network documentation skills and can publish written standards for use by network peers
* Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Knowledge of HP C-Class, IBM P-Series and ESX Servers, F5 Load Balancers, Cisco and Palo Alto Security Firewalls, Brocade SANs, Oracle RAC, EMC, and Riverbed
* Extensive knowledge of Remedy, Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Excellent customer service focus and analytical problem solving abilities
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills
* Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
* In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF and MPLS environments
* In-depth hands on experience with Cisco Catalyst 35xx, 37xx, 65xx (Sup 720) series equipment
* Hands on experience with Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K and 2K series equipment
* Knowledge of IP traffic flow, protocol analysis, capturing and monitoring of live traffic streams.
* VoIP and IP telephony experience (including Cisco Call Manager and Unity) preferred
* Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster recovery strategies for testing and verification of technical network solutions established for recovery operations.