- San Diego, CA
Luth Research is a privately held market Research Company founded in 1977 and located in San Diego, California. Our clients represent familiar national brands and are market leaders in their respective industries. We continually develop state-of-the-art technology designed to enhance and support the very best current and future practices in market research.
Luth Research offers full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, paid time off, paid holidays, some parking, and a flexible and fun work environment.
Luth Research seeks a Database Administrator with 4 or more years experience whom would be responsible for the development, design, administration, and maintenance of Luth Research databases and data warehouses to provide a stable information infrastructure for company products and services.
The Database Administrator is a critical part of the IT and development team and reports directly to the Software Development Manager. We offer the opportunity to work among a dedicated team of professionals; all committed to achieving new product designs, technologies that supply products and services to reach the goals of company.
If you have experience as a Database Administrator and are interested in working with a growing company, enjoy operating and succeeding within a collaborative environment, apply to become part of our growing team today.
- Develop, implement, administer, and maintain databases and data warehouses to ensure the successful design of new products and services and stability of continuing operations
- Maintain and improve existing databases and data models to maximize the reliability and functionality
- Design, implement, and test high availability, failover, backups, and disaster recovery of Luth Research databases
- Develop specifications, requirements, data models, and other documentation to implement new processes and products to create new revenue streams for the company
- Design and maintain a large volume data warehouse to facilitate the maximum performance within a low cost framework
- Assist the Research departments in accessing data, developing algorithms to create derived data points, and other analysis requirements
- Assist the development team in the integration of disparate data sources into a data warehouse environment, and the development of reports for placement within internal and external web portals
- Garner and apply industry best practices to software development to ensure Luth incorporates the best and latest thinking into its software products and services
- Bachelors of Science in a Computer Science related field as well as at least 4 years database administration experience
- Experience in designing, developing, and implementing information databases to store, access, and render data to software applications. PostgreSQL or Oracle experience strongly desired
- Experience with merging several disparate databases into a data warehousing environment
- Experience managing databases greater than 1 TB in size
- Experience in database design and management
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience with rendering data in meaningful manner with dashboards and reports
- Team player and effective communication in explaining technical requirements/processes
- Open to learning new processes and take on new challenges
How to Apply (follow the steps carefully):
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume by clicking here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luth Research is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and to making employment decisions based on merit and value. We will comply with all Federal, State and Local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.