Mortgage Loan Officer/ Mortgage Originator
- Bethesda, MD
The Mortgage Loan Officer/Mortgage Originator originates residential mortgage loans in the secondary market, thereby providing a broader array of mortgage loan products to our customers and enhancing the bank’s fee based income. He or She develops referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers and other strategic partners for the purpose of generating residential mortgages through ongoing sales efforts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Meets with customers or prospective customers to sell mortgage loan programs;
- Meets with prospective customers at locations other than the employer’s business such as the customer’s home or place of business;
- Interviews applicants and requests specified information for loan applications such as credit history, income, assets, investments, debt, and other necessary documentation such as information about the property;
- Analyses information provided by the customer and exercises discretion and independent judgment in order to advise then on the different product offerings and options;
- Advises customers on the risks and benefits of an assortment of mortgage loan options to achieve the mortgage loan that is most appropriate based on their individual financial situation while helping them achieve their financial goals;
- Corresponds with or interviews applicants or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information;
- Remains front line contact with borrower during application to closing process to obtain documentation necessary to facilitate the mortgage loan process;
- Analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for loans. Must be able to develop new business from multiple sources while retaining existing business;
- Develops and maintains working relationships with realtors, builders and other strategic referral partners;
- Responsible for knowing underwriting guidelines and scenarios for conventional, FHA/VA, and subprime mortgages and staying up-to-date on market conditions;
- Maintains thorough knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements. Must be able to disclose and discuss parameters of various programs including pricing, interest rates and fees associated with each loan program.
- Submits complete loan packages for processing and final underwriting approval;
- Maintains the ability to pre-qualify clients at initial meeting.
- Deepens customer relationships with bank by cross selling other bank products;
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Knowledge of the Secondary Market
Knowledgeable in automated underwriting engines and capable of reviewing findings with a clear understanding of terms of approval
- At least 2 years experience as a Mortgage Loan Officer/ Mortgage Originator
This position pays a base up to $60,000 depending on experience, plus commission.