FILLED - Service Technician II
- Chicago, IL
MAC Property Management is dedicated to providing an exemplary living experience, the highest possible quality of service and a superior value for our residents. We are committed to building better neighborhoods wherever we are, not only for our residents, but for the greater community. At MAC, it is important for us to preserve the environment, improve infrastructures, and enhance the beauty of our settings. MAC currently serves apartment communities in the metropolitan areas of Chicago, St. Louis and Kansas City. We are in the process of acquiring new properties in these existing markets as well as expanding to new markets across the country. MAC Property Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The MAC Service Technician II is responsible for performing various maintenance functions that are necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community. They work with the maintenance team to ensure that the quality of work meets the standards set by the company and the owner.
Primary skills needed: Advanced knowledge of maintenance and repair of low pressure boilers. Advanced knowledge on the repair or replacement of domestic water heating systems and all other related items including the pressure assist pumps, Condensate pumps, Recirculation pumps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete resident requested service orders on a timely basis.
- Complete all assigned maintenance work on vacant apartments.
- Comply with all OSHA regulations and any applicable laws in your area regarding health, safety, or environment.
- Order maintenance supplies with approval from Business Manager.
- Ensure building lights and timers are working properly.
- Install new appliances as necessary.
- Assist Business Manager/office personnel as needed in emergency situations.
- Consult with Business Manager and/or Maintenance Director on major repairs, replacements and/or contracts.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Must be able to lift 60 - 80 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be available for night/weekend on-call duty.
- Be able to work in an environment with tenants.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to perform the following duties:
- plumbing repairs
- repair/replace locks, smoke alarms
- replace screens
- appliance repair
- electrical repairs
- roofing inspection/minor roof repair
- change AC filters
- HVAC repairs
- replace broken windows
- low voltage communication systems
- comply with OSHA regulations
Hourly rate: Based on experience
Benefits: 2 weeks of paid time off; full medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and Employee Assistance Program (company paid); and 401K w/ company match (after one year of employment).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.