FILLED - Leasing Consultant - Shoreland Apartments
- Chicago, IL
MAC Property Management is dedicated to providing an exemplary living experience, the highest possible quality of service and a superior value for our residents. We are committed to building better neighborhoods wherever we are, not only for our residents, but for the greater community. At MAC, it is important for us to preserve the environment, improve infrastructures, and enhance the beauty of our settings. MAC currently serves apartment communities in the metropolitan areas of Chicago, St. Louis and Kansas City. We are in the process of acquiring new properties in these existing markets as well as expanding to new markets across the country. MAC Property Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Shoreland is a historic lakefront landmark hotel, newly restored to its original glamour as contemporary high-end rental residences opening soon. We’re looking for enthusiastic leasing agents ready for the challenge of a fast paced lease-up. Persuasive team player needed!
Responsible for assisting in the leasing operations and integrated marketing program as a leasing consultant in Shoreland for MAC Property Management, LLC in order to maximize the number of pre-rented apartments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Property Managers in the execution of established Leasing policies and procedures.
- Responds to Residents’ requests and resolves complaints.
- Obtains knowledge of pricing policies – especially the loss leader concept.
- Maintains Availability List and Status Report, determines termination date of lease rentals.
- Negotiates with brokers or other individuals to sell interests in leases owned.
- Prepares monthly newsletter, lease paperwork, and work orders reports.
- Posts weekly traffic reports to insure that all traffic is being logged and ties back to the traffic sheets. Uses telephone traffic logs daily to insure appointments are being set up.
- Assists in the off-site marketing program.
- Makes sure that follow-up telephone calls are made to all qualified unclosed traffic within 24 hours.
- Promotes the resident and business referral programs as established under Company guidelines.
- Administers “Move In” program and ensures smooth execution.
- Responsible for resident retention efforts including the arrangement of social events.
- Conducts regular inspections of model and vacant units in order to identify areas in need of cleaning or maintenance and items in need of repair. Prepares work orders as necessary.
- Review all signage and make sure it is in market ready condition, properly lighted and visible to street traffic.
- May need to stay late if appointment shows up late or there are unexpected leads at the last minute.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Knowledge of established leasing practices and procedures.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail, organizational and follow-up abilities.
- Strong “customer service” skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities. Proactive and deadline oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, vendors and employees at all levels of the Organization.
- Patience and the ability to react to stressful situations in a professional manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree and one (1) to two (2) years of leasing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Computer skills including: internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word. Knowledge of database and real estate property management applications helpful.
We offer our employees a competitive salary, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, a 401(k) plan with a company match, Life and AD&D insurance, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Educational Reimbursement and Flexible Savings Plan (FSA).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.