- Chicago, IL
MAC Property Management is dedicated to providing an exemplary living experience, the highest possible quality of service and a superior value for our residents. We are committed to building better neighborhoods wherever we are, not only for our residents, but for the greater community. At MAC, it is important for us to preserve the environment, improve infrastructures, and enhance the beauty of our settings. MAC currently serves apartment communities in the metropolitan areas of Chicago, St. Louis and Kansas City. We are in the process of acquiring new properties in these existing markets as well as expanding to new markets across the country. MAC Property Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Direct Reporting: Reports directly to the Regional Property Manager in the main Chicago office.
The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the property management team and will perform essential functions as they relate to the maintenance and accessibility of the building. Primary resident contact for all service related issues including; service work, maintenance projects, parcel receiving and apartment access.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Warmly greet residents and guests.
- Fulfill customer requests.
- Prevent solicitors from entering the office.
- Process marketing and resident account information in Yardi.
- Know emergency key procedures (Key Track, key box locations, fireman elevator keys, lock-outs, etc.).
- Answer incoming calls and handle accordingly using MAC telephone greeting standards.
- Accept and administer packages and distribute mail.
- Assist residents with move-in and move-out procedures.
- Assemble collateral packages for prospective residents.
- Assemble move-in packages for new residents.
- Order office supplies, organizing supplies and keeping inventory.
- Filing and other office administrative duties.
- Enter service requests in Yardi and ensure they are assigned to the appropriate staff member.
- Conduct follow-up calls for resident service requests.
- Be aware of MAC goals for resident satisfaction and resident retention.
- Conduct welcome and follow-up calls to all new move-ins to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Conduct pre-move out calls to confirm move-out dates and review MAC Property Management move-out procedures.
- Participate in ongoing resident relations including telephone calls and resident functions. Assist with resident concerns or related activities as requested by management.
- Ensure that the office is in perfect condition and report any service needs to the maintenance staff.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Assist in answering leasing phone calls and respond with appropriate information when applicable.
- Assist CHAC Administrator with CHA leases.
- Perform reports or projects as requested by the Regional Property Manager.
- Assist Resident Service Managers in various tasks as requested.
- Must be available to assist office on Saturdays if needed in the summer move-in season.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook,etc) and internet navigation
- Yardi Property Management experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service and follow-through skills
- Organization skills
- Outgoing personality – enjoys interaction with customers
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written skills
We offer our employees a competitive salary, health, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a company match, Life and AD&D insurance, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) and Flexible Savings Plan (FSA).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.