FILLED - Resident Services Manager
- Chicago, IL
MAC Property Management leases and manages apartments. MAC is dedicated to providing an exemplary living experience, the highest possible quality of service and a superior value for our residents. We are committed to building better neighborhoods wherever we are, not only for our residents, but for the greater community. At MAC, it is important for us to preserve the environment, improve infrastructures, and enhance the beauty of our settings. MAC currently serves apartment communities in the metropolitan areas of Chicago, St. Louis and Kansas City. We are in the process of acquiring new properties in these existing markets as well as expanding to new markets across the country. MAC Property Management, LLC is an Equal Housing Opportunity organization.
Responsible for the daily scheduling of all service team and maintenance service vendor activity, service requests, common area projects and maintenance, and schedule unit pre-move out inspections. The Resident Service Manager is the primary point of contact for residents, outstanding customer service is essential to the position.
Saturday shift required for role.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receive, document, organize, and assign service requests to service staff or service vendors to maximize resident satisfaction, and assure their completion within company standards.
- Follow up with apartment community residents to determine resident’s satisfaction related to work requested, performed, and completed.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality in all areas of job performance. Project a professional image and demeanor. Understand, apply, and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Accept service requests from residents and route to service department via Yardi for prompt processing. Follow up with maintenance to make sure they close service requests upon completion.
- Conduct follow-up resident phone calls to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Responsible for monthly receivables/rent collection process and delinquency calls
- Responsible for monthly renewal of current residents and retention process
- Ensure that the office and all common areas are in perfect condition. Physically inspect property when on grounds, pick up litter, and report any service needs to the maintenance staff.
- Schedule and communicate vendor appointments with residents
- Generate and distribute all resident correspondence and communication including legal notices
- Responsible to appear in court if needed
- Schedule all resident and complete all move-in appointments and meet with residents to welcome them. Process paperwork, accepts rent, and issue keys.
- Send move out packages to residents upon receipt of notice to vacate
- Conduct pre-move in calls.
- Conduct courtesy calls to residents (i.e. cabs, packages, deliveries)
- Process marketing and resident account information in Yardi
- Know the emergency key procedures (Key Track, key box locations, fireman elevator keys, lock-outs, etc.)
- Participate in ongoing resident relations including telephone calls and resident functions. Assist with resident concerns or related activities as requested by management
- Train new Resident Services associates
- Responsible in overseeing and managing Resident Service Associates
- As the primary customer service contact, maximize resident satisfaction by delivering prompt and courteous service, delivered by co-workers and or vendors that consistently exceed industry standards.
- Warmly greet prospective residents and guests. Professionally represent the MAC community.
- Answer incoming telephone calls using MAC telephone greeting standards, and handle accordingly (prospect calls, resident issues, service requests, etc.)
- Contribute ideas to the Regional Property Manager for improving resident satisfaction.
- Participate in monthly property renewal program with follow-up letters, telephone calls, or as needed to increase resident retention.
- Complete all new lease and renewal paperwork, including related addenda.
- Attend any training classes/meetings as required or recommended by management.
- Enter all traffic, telephone calls, leases, cancellations, renewals, daily, etc. activity into computer.
- Organize and file all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Know and adhere to all federal, state, and local laws, as well as policies and procedures contained in the manuals issued by MAC Property Management or as otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to all associates.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or other related field
- Vehicle with valid driver's license is required
- Microsoft Office Suite experience; Yardi property management software experience preferred
- Leasing/Sales/Customer Service experience preferred
- Must have Vehicle with valid Driver’s License as travel between apartments in zone is required
- Exceptional customer service and follow-through skills
- Strong organization skills, multi-task and detail oriented
- Able to prioritize competing tasks
- Retains composure within an occasionally stressful environment
- Outgoing personality – enjoys face to face interaction with customers
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- General office, bookkeeping
- Ability to interact with management, peers, residents and prospects
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Competitive wage
- Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with company match
- Educational Reimbursement
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.