FILLED - Leasing Manager
- Chicago, IL
MAC Property Management is dedicated to providing an exemplary living experience, the highest possible quality of service and a superior value for our residents. We are committed to building better neighborhoods wherever we are, not only for our residents, but for the greater community. At MAC, it is important for us to preserve the environment, improve infrastructures, and enhance the beauty of our settings. MAC currently serves apartment communities in the metropolitan areas of Chicago, St. Louis and Kansas City. We are in the process of acquiring new properties in these existing markets as well as expanding to new markets across the country. MAC Property Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for efficient and consistent operations of the leasing office under the supervision of the Property Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direction, guidance, training and leadership to leasing consultants.
- Trains all leasing consultants for tours, phone calls and all communication with potential residents.
- Fills in as needed for tours, leasing calls, processing applications and all applicable leasing consultant duties.
- Manages, reviews and oversees applicant files to ensure the accurate and efficient preparation/processing of all potential resident information.
- Promotes the resident and business referral programs as established under company guidelines.
- Assists staff regarding difficult situations or customer issues regarding new move ins, provide follow-up assistance by coaching and counseling staff in handling of potential and/or difficult situations that occur.
- Conducts periodic staff meetings that encourage group participation by soliciting staff members’ interaction and input.
- Communicates information to staff regarding incidents involving updated/existing policies and customer service issues.
- Shares strategic plan information with staff – solicit feedback and improve staff’s understanding of leasing office goals.
- Completes monthly work schedule for leasing consultants.
- Completes outside marketing plan and works with Team to be active in the community both here and surrounding.
- Maintains, revises and orders leasing office documents.
- Reviews, updates and distributes weekly leasing status to all necessary employees.
- Runs, maintains and distributes weekly and monthly rental summary reports to Property Manager.
- Maintains and distributes all competitive market surveys
- Conducts regular inspections of model and vacant units in order to identify areas in need of cleaning or maintenance and items in need of repair. Prepares work orders as necessary.
- Reviews all signage and make sure it is in market ready condition, properly lighted and visible to street traffic.
- Responsible for assisting all current residents with apartment transfers.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) to six (6) years of related training or experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of established leasing practices and procedures.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail, organizational and follow-up abilities.
- Previous experience training and motivating leasing staff.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities. Proactive and deadline oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, vendors and employees at all levels of the Organization.
- Patience and the ability to react to stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Computer skills including: internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Knowledge of Yardi or related database and real estate property management applications is required.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, Flex Spending, 401K with company match, and educational reimbursement
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.