Director of Corporate Tax
- Long Grove, IL
Established in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies, Inc. (MAT Holdings, Inc.) is a $1 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide. The company’s core businesses include the production, sales and service of products in the fencing and hardware, automotive and power equipment sectors. MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by our global presence in 9 countries and 11,000 employees.
This position is primarily responsible for the entire domestic tax function at our Long Grove, IL office. Key responsibilities include U.S. federal and state tax compliance and planning for U.S. companies, foreign companies, and the shareholders.
· Manage the tax department which includes a senior tax analyst
· Oversee all domestic tax filings for the corporation and its subsidiaries ($1.5 billion in global sales)
· Handle U.S. tax issues relating to foreign subsidiary activities
· Research and plan for the tax implications of organizational restructuring including mergers and acquisitions
· Collaborate with executive team on proposed business ventures for ideal tax positions
· Assist the CFO and Treasurer with accounting and finance projects
· Assist the general counsel with corporate governance and minority interest ownership changes
· Results oriented with great attention to detail
· Ability to maintain a high level of trust; capable of handling sensitive information in a confidential manner
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while delegating to staff and holding the staff accountable
· Thinks Conceptually, link problems and symptoms to identify underlying issues and root causes; proactively formulate potential solutions and follow them to implementation
· Fosters Open Communication; listen and respond to input and concerns expressed by others
· Values Teaching, actively works with department staff to grow skills and tax knowledge
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or Finance
· Proficient using MS Office suite, including Excel, Power Point and Access
· Minimum 10 years of related tax experience (public or private)
· GO System and SAP experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.