Senior Embedded Software Engineer
- Malvern, PA
MEI is one of the world's leading manufacturers of electronic bill acceptors, coin mechanisms and other unattended transaction systems. Our products are currently in widespread use in the vending, soft drink, gaming, amusement, transportation, telecommunications, retail and kiosk markets. Today, MEI electronic payment systems are relied upon for more than 2 billion transactions per week in 100 countries. MEI payment systems' technology is considered the most reliable choice in hundreds of real-world applications and has earned the best performance rating in the market. Please visit http://www.meigroup.com/ to learn more about our company.
Our Gaming & Retail business engineering group has an opportunity for a senior level software engineer. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated individual who will design and develop real-time embedded control and processing software for our bill/currency validator products. The successful candidate must be a quick learner, capable of contributing as part of a team as well as individually to develop, document, and integrate the developed code with MEI hardware. The successful candidate will serve the role of Senior Software Engineer and help guide junior level engineers. In addition, the successful candidate will have the ability to move throughout the engeering function into roles including Project Management, Team Leader and/or manager of people. This position will work closely with all engineering disciplines, sales, marketing and technical support to create an effective team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the embedded code (and occasional PC based software) design and development for new products and in support of existing designs
- Work with field technical support associates and when necessary directly with customers in support of the MEI products during new customer integration phases and fielded products; make associated corrective code changes and or identify software limitations
- Participate in and comply with MEI software development processes including generation of software engineering requirements, peer review process, design documentation, design proving documentation and the execution of the design proving activities; provide input necessary to continually grow and improve existing best practices
- Reporting the status of assigned task and team responsibilities to the Manager of Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of embedded software/firmware design required; focus on low level hardware interaction as well as high level architectural design
- Experience developing software in an embedded environment using the C programming language
- Experience with 8051, DSP and or ARM7/Cortex architectures
- Thorough understanding of USB lower level protocol stack desirable
- Experience developing ISRs and interfacing with UART, DMA, ADC and DAC logic
- Experience developing software in a PC environment using VB.NET, C#, Java or equivalent programming languages desirable
- Experience designing and debugging communication protocols using USB, serial, SPI, etc.
- Experience with software version control systems (Perforce, PVCS, etc).
- Basic knowledge of electronics design and troubleshooting, ability to read data sheets, high level schematics with the understanding of implementing firmware
- Ability to use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscope, power supply, multi meter, etc.
- Ability to manage projects, team, and/or people as needed
As a privately held company, MEI offers benefits that reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes:
- Excellent pay
- Competitive health and dental care benefit programs
- Coverage that begins on your first day of work
- One of the most generous retirement and savings plans in the nation
- A very competitive vacation plan
to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. MEI is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agencies.