Senior Gas Analyst
- Baarerstrasse 141, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
MET International AG (METI) was established in 2010 in order to consolidate and develop MET Group’s international natural gas sales and purchase portfolio, as well as to establish a trading arm for commodity lines.
METI is responsible for providing highly competitive supply structures to its gas and power sales affiliates, originating additional positions on the European wholesale and the international LNG markets, as well as trading around international positions.
In this position, you will collaborate closely with front office traders and analysts in the team. You will make a valuable and tangible contribution to the company’s success with your analytical and market expertise.
- Provide short-term and medium-term analysis to support commercial activities of traders
- Develop pipeline models, conduct and track forecasting for supply and demand and gas exports
- Communicate identified risks related to forward analysis and vendors
- Further develop models by introducing new data and improve robustness with back testing
- Ensure your research and analysis is communicated to traders within appropriate timeframes
- Relevant educational background in a quantitative field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in fundamental gas analysis gained within a trading environment
- Solid experience with Excel and VBA, additional programming experience an advantage (Python, SQL)
- Strong communication skills in English
- Focused, analytical, proactive and questioning mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast moving and energetic environment
If you are looking for a platform to channel your drive and ambition and be part of diverse and high performing team, we are looking forward to receiving your application.