Credit Risk Manager
- Baarerstrasse, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
MET International AG (METI) was established in 2010 in order to consolidate and develop MET Group’s international natural gas sales and purchase portfolio, as well as to establish a trading arm for commodity lines.
METI is responsible for providing highly competitive supply structures to its gas and power sales affiliates, originating additional positions on the European wholesale and the international LNG markets, as well as trading around international positions.
We are currently recruiting a Credit Risk Manager to join our team in Zug. Reporting to our CFO, this position will be integral to the growth of our organization and offers the opportunity to further strengthen its impact on our success.
- Conduct credit analysis and develop credit limit proposals
- Negotiate frame contracts (EFET ISDA CSA etc.) on key credit-related clauses
- Monitor credit exposures and ensure compliance with limits and identity any related issues
- Negotiate coverage instruments (incoming and outgoing) including guarantees, prepayments, etc.
- Manage credit insurance contracts with the credit insurers (covered portfolio, premium, exposures reporting)
- Advise and monitor role vis à vis the local credit risk officers in the subsidiaries
- Advise on credit structuring for large and/or long-term and/or sophisticated transactions, working with Front Office, Trade Finance, Legal, and other functions
- Develop and support recovery efforts on distressed credits
- Contribute to various projects in the areas of long-term contracts, renewables PPA, new subsidiaries setup
- Relevant educational background Master’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience in credit risk management, trade finance or a related function within a financial institution, commodity trader, utility, trading house, corporate, industrials, rating agency or similar
- Solid understanding of commodity trading, preferably in energy and derivative products
- Extensive knowledge of credit risk reporting systems and experience in Credit ETRM transformation
- Experienced in CVA/CVaR
- Credit risk modelling background/experience will be an advantage
- Strong communication skills in English
If you are looking for a platform to channel your drive and ambition and be part of diverse and high performing team, we are looking forward to receiving your application.