- Baarerstrasse 141, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
MET International AG (METI) was established in 2010 in order to consolidate and develop MET Group’s international natural gas sales and purchase portfolio, as well as to establish a trading arm for commodity lines.
METI is responsible for providing highly competitive supply structures to its gas and power sales affiliates, originating additional positions on the European wholesale and the international LNG markets, as well as trading around international positions.
This is a unique opportunity to join an European leading energy trading company with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across MET Group processes and internal controls.
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitor internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial and Risk reporting, processes and business operations.
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
- Lead the process for internal controls reviews across MET Group
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and Risk and executive committee
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures
- Transactions execution limits, positions exposure limits, price formulas review, P&L checks review, traders / brokers price assessments
- Periodical review of users and access rights, traceability and validation of technical changes and incidents
- Assist the Head of Group Risk with ad hoc projects such as onboarding of a new system, general policies and procedures follow-up and update
- 3-5 years’ experience from a similar position in a multinational group or delivering similar services via Big 4 audit firm
- Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks
- Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
- Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multigeographic team.
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Striving for continuous improvement and optimization
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities
f you are looking for a platform to channel your drive and ambition and be part of diverse and high performing team, we are looking forward to receiving your application to email@example.com.