ETRM Operations Specialist
- Baarerstrasse, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
MET International is the Trading and Wholesale entity of the MET Group. The Trading Technology team is responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of the ETRM Landscape.
The position of ETRM Operations Support reports to the ETRM Operations Lead and contributes to the day-to-day operations for Trading (METI) and Group-wide users of the ETRM Landscape.
Part of a team of about 7 FTE focusing on the delivery of the following services:
- End Of Day (EOD) management – Delivery of the EOD including the morning checks, so the users can commence their work at the start of the day
- Incident management – handling all incoming tickets, issues and requests in a timely manner while maintaining customer interaction and a high level of user satisfaction.
- Ticket triaging – reviewing, categorizing, prioritization and routing incoming tickets to the appropriate teams or team members for resolution.
- Release management – ensuring all changes are deployed/released into the production environment in line with the expected resolution documentation.
- User training – modularized user training for On-boarding support of new joiners, products, and locations.
- Access control – providing and maintaining access management for the ETRM application landscape.
- Proactive Monitoring – monitor the ETRM (production) landscape for issues and creating tickets where appropriate to support and streamline the landscape.
- User support – trade floor support for local and remote users.
- Project support and Business Analysis – participate in critical projects and provide input to complex system configuration to ensure alignment with ETRM Operations principles and procedures
- 5 years experience in supporting ETRM users in the Energy Trading market
- Strong understanding of the following Landscape components ION Endur, Azure DevOps, SQL and O365
- Strong technical and analytical skills demonstrated in European energy/commodity trading environment
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication with ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Proven analytical, diagnostic, and multi-tasking skills with focus on execution and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to both works independently and to partner within virtual teams in a high-pressure matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of any initiative and to manage expectations
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
This position can be located in Zug or Budapest.