- Baarerstrasse, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
MET International AG (METI) was established in 2010 in order to consolidate and develop MET Group’s international natural gas sales and purchase portfolio, as well as to establish a trading arm for commodity lines.
METI is responsible for providing highly competitive supply structures to its gas and power sales affiliates, originating additional positions on the European wholesale and the international LNG markets, as well as trading around international positions.
To further strengthen the growth of our LNG desk, MET International is recruiting a motivated LNG Analyst to join our team in Zug, Switzerland.
- Provide quantitative analyses (daily or project-based) on gas and LNG for the LNG desk
- Pricing / valuation of LNG and LNG to gas positions across different European terminals
- Leverage detailed understanding of gas and LNG markets to develop and recommend profitable trading and hedging strategies
- Conduct financial, commercial and statistical analysis for the LNG desk, and support market-based asset valuation studies
- Develop and support gas and LNG portfolio modelling and valuation, risk management and extrinsic value capture for the LNG desk and with internal analytics team
- Execute and book trades on internal system and external platforms for the desk on paper and derivative positions in gas and LNG where required
- At least degree level qualification or higher in a numerate subject (e.g. mathematics/economics/ physics/engineering or similar)
- Excellent skills in data modelling
- Experience in gas/commodities related quantitative financial analysis and ability to apply to a wide range of scenarios
- Experience and understanding of derivatives and of energy risk management techniques, and their application to commodity trading
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong attention to details and transparency
- Independent thinker, creative in finding alternative solutions
- Shows a desire to continually improve and innovate in analytical approaches/methodologies
- Currently residing in, or willing to relocate to, Zug/Zurich (German speaking part of Switzerland)