Middle Office/Trade Support Specialist
MET Group is an integrated European energy company, headquartered in Switzerland, with activities in natural gas and power, focused on multi-commodity wholesale, trading and sales, as well as energy infrastructure and industrial assets.
MET Group is represented in 14 European countries, with 700+ permanent staff in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
MET Group is present in 25 national gas markets and 22 international trading hubs. The Group has a significant end-consumer presence in Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and Spain.
This position is situated in the center of company operations and reporting activities. The MO is responsible for deal validation and trade entry correctness in METI trading systems, running daily reporting tasks on exposures, controlling of positions across various trading hubs and storage locations.
Main duties are to ensure daily system completeness and correctness in order to maintain reporting processes within METI. Main stakeholders are METI CFO, Market Risk, METI FO, METI BO and ETRM.
MO is expected to play an active role in assessing and promoting internal control processes within METI. MO needs to identify areas where controls should be implemented and to propose solutions to streamline deal lifecycle processes across various products.
- Daily deal validation, ensuring that all deals are validated by COB
- Deal entry for subsidiaries, amendments and rebookings of existing trades
- Daily controls on exposures, physical position, storage completeness
- Setting up new controls and processes, involvement in a range of projects
- Supporting complex business flows – LNG, Storage trading, Cross-border capacity
- Running weekly reports for MO & CFO, presenting findings
- Active role in monthly closing processes – reconciliation between trading system and accounting
- Proactive role in continious improvement of existing processes and ETRM environment
- Active role in setting up new business flows and new products in ETRM
- Working closely with BO, FO, Finance & Treasury to maintain various payment methods in the ETRM
- Ad-hoc building of new reports and monitoring tools
- A minimum of 3 years in a similar position within Trade Support or Middle Office
- MS Office skills
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English
- Detail orientated, precise and ability to achieve deadlines effectively
- Team orientated and positive attitude