Originator / Associate level - Renewable Energy Projects in Europe
MET Group is an integrated European energy company, headquartered in Switzerland, with activities in natural gas and power, focused on multi-commodity wholesale, trading and sales, as well as energy infrastructure and industrial assets.
MET Group is represented in 14 European countries, with 700+ permanent staff in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
MET Group is present in 25 national gas markets and 22 international trading hubs. The Group has a significant end-consumer presence in Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and Spain.
MET Group is owned 80% by MET Employees and 20% by Keppel Infrastructure, a wholly owned subsidiary of Keppel Corporation*.
- Evaluate new investment leads for renewable energy generation projects in close coordination with Renewables CEO and Head of Origination Renewables
- Perform assessments of new projects and projects in development, including feasibility studies and risk analysis, with support of internal and selected external resources (e.g. technical and legal advisors)
- Coordination and execution of transactions
- Leading negotiations with the different stakeholders of the project
- Definition of project due diligence scope of work and budget, negotiation of engagement letters with external advisors and coordination of the due diligence
- Identification and management of red flags arising from the due diligence
- Close coordination of transaction execution with M&A team in case of brownfield acquisitions
- Preparation of approval proposals to internal decision boards
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with project developers and advisors (technical, financial, tax)
- Coordinate and interface closely with other internal functions (Renewable Business Analyst / Development Team, M&A Team, Power Trading Desk, Project Financing Expert)
- Perform periodic market and risk analysis of the RES landscape in focus countries – in close coordination with local subsidiaries of MET
- Availability to travel across Europe as necessary for the role between 20 to 40%
- University degree in economics, engineering or business
- 3-4 years' experience in the field of renewables, particularly onshore wind and photovoltaics across Europe (familiarity with South-East European countries is highly appreciated)
- Good understanding of European power market fundamentals, generation assets, market players and market regulations
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably in any other language in CEE and southern European region
- Strong commercial mind-set and good understanding of valuation models