Accounting Team Leader
MET Group is an integrated European energy company, headquartered in Switzerland, with activities in natural gas and power, focused on multi-commodity wholesale, trading and sales, as well as energy infrastructure and industrial assets.
MET Group is represented in 14 European countries, with 700+ permanent staff in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
MET Group is present in 25 national gas markets and 22 international trading hubs. The Group has a significant end-consumer presence in Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and Spain.
MET Group is owned 80% by MET Employees and 20% by Keppel Infrastructure, a wholly owned subsidiary of Keppel Corporation*.
This role will be responsible for tasks related to the accounting of the company, including performing the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, contributing to the monthly closing, managing bank payments and managing the work of a team of 2 people. The role will be reporting to the Accounting Team Leader.
Task to be performed:
- Supporting the full bookkeeping, managing the ongoing tasks, such as:
- incoming and outgoing invoices
- bank transactions
- fixed assets transactions
- month end accrual etc.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly reports, coordinated related tasks and resources considering the deadlines
- Supervising in the reconciliation of balance sheet and tax accounts
- Perform intercompany reconciliation of transactions with other Group companies
- Reviewing and submitting of tax returns and coordinating tax inspections, communication with the Authorities
- Preparing interim and yearend Financial Statements
- Managing the audit process
- Closely cooperate with external and internal stakeholders when performing the tasks above
- Follow up the changes in tax and accounting rules
- Mentoring and improving the team members, coordinating, and reviewing their works
- Participating in internal projects
- University/College degree in accounting
- Chartered accountant degree is preferred
- 4-5 years’ accounting experience from Big4 and/or international environment
- Good knowledge of Hungarian taxation
- Excellent spoken and written English and Hungarian
- Knowledge of IFRS is an advantage
- Experience in using Navision accounting system is a strong plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and respectful of deadlines
- Experience in organizing teamworking is an advantage
- Numerical, with a precise, error-free approach