Business Development Executive – West Coast
- San Diego, CA
MMIS, Inc. (MMIS) is a leading provider of innovative products and services to the life science market. Our SaaS based business collaboration and compliance solutions enable life science companies to meet the demands of a highly competitive and regulated industry. Join our team and enjoy a dynamic, fast paced and highly successful team of individuals as our company continues to grow and become the number one provider of business solutions to the life science industry.
MMIS is looking for a highly successful Technical Project Manager.
Summary of overall job function and responsibility:
MMIS is ready to hire an experienced, consultative sales professional who has demonstrated success and built strong client relationships with life science companies on the West Coast. As the BDE-West you will lead the identification of new business opportunities at strategic accounts on the west coast to successfully achieve defined revenue and new customer acquisition objectives. You will work closely with the US Marketing Director and play a key role using your entrepreneurial skills and relationship based selling approach to develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing C-level clients. In this critical role, you will work closely with the VP of Global Sales and the MMIS management team to accelerate the movement of opportunities through the MMIS Sales Machine. This opportunity represents a high growth opportunity where you can participate with executive level team members to drive new customer acquisition and experience fast paced growth with an innovative global company.
- Utilize a professional, relationship-based, consultative sales approach to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Drive business development through a team-selling approach with tenacity and ambition to achieve target business objectives and revenue targets.
- Work synergistically with the VP of Global Sales & Marketing to design, implement and successfully execute the conversion of leads generated from marketing programs through the MMIS Sales Machine to successful close new business.
- Work with sales team and channel partners to develop region specific customer lists and prioritize campaigns to meet regional sales objectives. KPI = # new customer targets added each month.
- Track and report performance of digital marketing activities and digital lead conversions from demo requests to the closure of new business. KPI = # of new customers/month
- Work in close synergy with executives, marketing managers, and channel partners to ensure overall marketing strategies and team goals are identified, monitored and successfully completed on-time and within budget.
- Provide detailed sales reports, using SalesForce.com, on a monthly and quarterly basis to measure success of business development. Include detailed recommendations on improvements and best practices for future sales and marketing programs.
- Open and continuous communication between sales, marketing and executive team members to ensure success against company sales objectives.
- Demonstrated and proven record of success within a fast paced, consultative sales environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably within a technical or business field) or equivalent experience in SaaS or technical corporate sales experience is required.
- Track record and demonstrated experience in driving new customer acquisition through the full sales cycle, from cold-calling and digital lead generation through implementation and contract renewal.
- Consultative sales style, with the ability to listen, conduct thorough needs assessment and manage internal resources to present a solution to meet the customers’ needs.
- A true influencer, able to develop strategic client partnerships and demonstrate business acumen.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with strong organizational skills, solid work ethic and forward planning thought process.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, JIRA or other enterprise collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social networks.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using both Mac and Windows MS Office Suite platforms including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- 75% travel required.
Excellent benefits include 401K Plan with company match, MVP health insurance; Flex benefit plan; Company-paid life insurance; and Short and long-term disability insurance.