Senior Systems Administrator
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Film & TV VFX is a segment under Technicolor Production Services Division. The segment comprises of 3 brands, MPC Film, Mr. X and Mill Film.
MPC Film is a world leading Visual effects studio, working on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies truly mind-blowing. We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like
The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049, The Justice League, X-men series, Harry Potter series to name a few. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
MR. X is an award-winning visual effects studio that thrives on crafting creative solutions to seemingly-impossible scripted moments in film and television. We’re made up of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date.
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide, Australia; Bangalore, India and Montreal, Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
The Systems team is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting the technology infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, storage, networking, workstations and rendering. It also includes the various software elements around both the core operating system(s) and the various application layer components that are deployed upon that framework.
The Senior Systems Administrator does not wait for activity. They seek opportunities for improvement and continually challenge the status quo looking for methods to improve the services we deliver to our clients. The ideal candidate will have the ability to respond promptly and directly to problems in high pressure client attended sessions and resolve issues in a calm and efficient manner. They will also work closely with our larger worldwide Systems team to continue to define and implement best practices.
The Senior Systems Administrator is encouraged to propose and lead projects that will advance the technology framework. This includes elements of project management, communication across other departments and delegation of tasks and coordination of schedules.
- Contingency planning, setting/meeting milestones, coordinating communications and ensuring that documentation and support needs are accommodated
- Actively mentor and assist in the technical development of mid and junior staff
- Be an example of technical excellence
- Install, support and maintain servers and storage file systems
- Ensure systems run reliably, plan for and implement upcoming requirements, and respond to service outages or other systems related problems
- System performance optimisation
- Scripting and light programming
- Excellent background in both Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred), Mac and Windows server administration
- In-depth knowledge and experience with networking, switch management and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing
- Scripting (Python, Bash)
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools (Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with VMware
- 5 years or more of experience working in an IT position
- Experience working with IT infrastructure in a media or high performance computing environment is a definitive asset
- Degree in a technical discipline is an asset
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to take directions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.