Production Accountant - FP&A Analyst
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MPC Film is a world leading Visual effects studio, working on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies truly mind-blowing. We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049, The Justice League, X-men series, Harry Potter series to name a few. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
This position will be reporting to the Film and TV Financial Controller and will look after aspects of film finance. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support producers in preparing regular cost projection reports and analysis including opportunities and risks on the film projects
- Provide financial (cost) Analysis to the Executive Producer and Head of Studio on the profitability of each show, and provide insight into opportunities and risks using existing tool-set
- Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management
- Month end duties including reporting and forecasting all (future) revenues and costs on film projects
- Liaise with Senior Management to develop new systems for monitoring and controlling costs on film projects
- Building, capturing and maintaining large data documents for use by various departments across the business
- Provide ad-hoc financial support to the Film and TV Financial Controller and the Film production department
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models
- VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting; (Part) qualified CPA is an asset, Minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple show production environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders such as HR, Production, IT, and Management
- Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.