Head of Creative Operations
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide, Australia, Bangalore, India and Montreal, Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground breaking productions.
The Head of Creative Operations (HCO) is responsible for overseeing and managing the creative output and operations of Mill Film’s Bangalore studio. The HCO reports to Mill Film’s Global Head of Film, based in Bangalore. This is an exciting and challenging role that requires a dynamic and creative individual to work with internal. creative, artists, technical and management teams.
The successful candidate will be commercially minded, have a strong creative vision for the studio, have excellent communication skills, a track record of leading and mentoring teams and experience of rolling out and delivering projects on time and on budget. A background in creative industries, specifically theatrical and non-theatrical feature and episodic VFX is a requirement for this role.
Mill Film has a legacy which includes an Academy Award for Visual Effects, we set the creative bar high andwork hard to deliver creative excellence alongside building inclusion and diversity into the fabric of our studio.
• Business Development Supervision.
• Responsible for bidding all incoming potential shows, alongside the Supervision of Pitch projects, leveraging network throughout the studio locations to complete on time and on budget.
• Principal strategist for pipeline and workflow on potential shows
• Partner with New Business Manager and Bidding Associate to execute competitive bids for theatrical, non-theatrical and episode shows.
• Primary stakeholder for studio pipeline and workflow development
. Partnering with Global Head of Software and Global Head of Film to design and implement a state of the art studio pipeline.
• Responsible for outlining and managing the risk profile of any development against the delivery commitments of the studio.
Creative Strategy & Working Standards
• Work with Global Head of Film to ensure that creative excellence is maintained on each show.
• Work with Global Head of Film to ensure working practices are in alignment with Mill Film’s global strategies
• Work together with HCO in Adelaide and Montreal along with Department Heads to ensure Mill Filmmaintains a consistent workflow, pipeline and asset toolset that directly correspond to the established working practices of the company.
• Work with local Senior Management Team (Head of Production, Resource Manager, Head of Technology, Head of Software) to ensure overall management, delivering, show resourcing and budgeting for all productions within location.
Direct Reporting Staff
• Main point of contact for Department Heads, CG/Anim/2D Supervisors
• Directly responsible for creative development of Department Heads, CG/Anim/2D Supervisors
• Provide daily support on any issues they or members of their team may be having and to escalate such
matters to the Global Head of Film as required.
• Support Department Heads in conveying messages or managing change which may have significant
impact on the crew, including being visible on the floors on a regular basis.
• Partner with Global Head of Film and Senior Talent Manager to design and deliver ‘Mill Film
Leadership Pathway’. Identifying suitable staff to develop for leadership roles within the company and
ensure feedback and development plans are carried out.
• Excellent collaboration skillset
• Strong negotiation skillset
• Comfortable dealing with rapid changes in a fast-paced, deadline driven creative environment
• Champion diversity and inclusion within the workplace
• Cultural awareness
• Enjoy working with artists, creative and industry partners relevant to Mill Film
• Keep current in knowledge of industry developments
• Kind and generous with your knowledge, contributing to the development of junior crew within the
studio and foster an environment where direct reports do the same
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversityare the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.