FX Artist (Mill Film)
- Montreal, Quebec
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
Our FX Artists are responsible creating a variety of 3D effects for advertising and digital projects.
- Execute FX tasks using off-the-shelf tools and MPC proprietary software
- Assist with developing the look of a sequence with the supervision team
- Maintain department’s best working practice in FX
- Explore and recommend new FX techniques and software
- Be creative and proactive in executing and assisting all shots in a sequence
- Contribute the department’s FX workflow and pipeline
- Proven and demonstrable experience in high-end CG with a focus on FX
- In-depth knowledge of FX techniques, workflow and software (Houdini, Maya, RealFlow etc)
- Thorough understanding of most CG techniques and technologies
- Proactive in picking up proprietary FX tools
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and the rest of the team