VFX Production Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
- Work as part of the VFX production team to implement viable VFX solutions
- Communicate with producers, coordinators, creative and technical leads regarding directives and production requirements of specific projects
- Develop project plans and schedules for the production team.
- Work with production coordinators to ensure deadlines are met.
- Support/work with the VFX Producer to create master and delivery schedules for the production.
- Oversee the coordination of dailies and reviews, ensuring accurate notes are taken and production priorities are distributed and followed through
- Act as client liaison to facilitate VFX turnovers with editorial and communicate progress and deliveries of the VFX work
- Oversee outputs and client deliveries
- Create and maintain weekly status reports to track costs and shot progress.
- Forecast and communicate any delays or overages, escalating any issues to the VFX producer and/or management where required.
- Propose new and efficient ways to improve production workflow at Mr. X
- A passion for film - a keen interest in the business of film making and working within a team;
- Exceptional people skills;
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, willingness and ability to learn new skills & Technologies;
- Strong time-management skills, the ability to prioritize workload combined with a sense of urgency, work well under pressure and meet multiple critical deadlines daily;
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills; be confident and enthusiastic when communicating in person and/or over the phone; and enjoys working in a fast-paced creative team environment;
- Must have exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal), as well as active listening skills
- A pro-active nature with a strong display of “Can do”, and “No job is too small or too big” attitude;
- Technical proficiency in Windows operating system
- Must have at least 3-5 Years of VFX Production experience
- Must have thorough knowledge and ability to use MS Office, Shotgun, FileMaker and to learn proprietary studio tools quickly and effectively.
- The candidate must have the ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are critical
- Candidate must be able to lead and work within a team environment
- 3D and/or on-set production experience is a must.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.