- Toronto, ON, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
- Ensure IT systems operate reliably to meet needs of production,
- Administration and support of Linux (CentOS primarily), Windows (Windows 7 and Server 2003/2008) and Macintosh desktop computers, involving both hardware and software troubleshooting,
- Assist with maintaining health of 700+ node renderfarm. Monitor existing servers that support our pipeline,
- Maintain existing network and evolving where necessary; identifying problems and proposing a solution.
- Provide support to the Mr X team, troubleshooting issues as they come up on a day to day basis,
- Document IT processes,
- Collaborate with other members of the technical department supporting the production of feature films,
- Offer input into existing technologies and always work towards making a more robust technical infrastructure. Keep up to date with applicable technology for the VFX industry,
- After hours and weekend availability when required by production.
- 2 or more years of experience as a systems administrator in a heterogeneous environment. 70/20/10 split between Linux, Windows and Macintosh support,
- Working knowledge of the M&E industry (VFX preferred),
- Experience supporting (some, if not all of) Nuke, Maya, Houdini, ZBrush, Mari and other related applications in a production environment,
- Independent problem-solving, self-directed personality,
- Strong familiarity enterprise storage servers. Mr X uses Isilon. Understanding of Avere FXT and how the Avere works,
- Strong understanding of the following networking protocols and services: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS/Samba, PXE.
- Previous use of Extreme Networks switching equipment if applicable; otherwise understanding of enterprise level switch hardware, routing, VLANs.
- Able to read and understand the Python language. Bonus points if you can write Python. Python is used across our pipeline and also used for to automate systems tasks. It's great.
- Understanding of Nagios, Cacti and Ganglia; more importantly knowing how to use such tools to identify and solve problems,
- Familarity with the MPAA Content Security Best Practices considered a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.