Software Developer - Virtual Production
- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. Developing new visual effects
techniques and creating cutting edge productivity tools is vital to MPC’s continued success.
This is the responsibility of the Software Technology team, where MPC seeks to appoint a UI/UX designer. Qualified candidates will be designing world-class intuitive, attractive, and innovative user interfaces resulting in a class-leading degree of usability.
We are hiring a Pipeline Developer for our Virtual Production team. Virtual Production is a rapidly growing area inVFX and the future of film making; we're looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to help us to continue to deliver the tools used to lay the foundations for the films of tomorrow.
Applicants should be able to hit the ground running and continue the success and timely delivery of industry leading workflows and toolsets, both for artists within MPC and filmakers working on set. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving as new
challenges emerge each day.
The team needs people who are able to work as part of team, but also show independence with their indiviudal work developing software of the highest quality. We require our developers to support the full life cycle of our software projects from design to maintenance, while constantly improving the software to address new challenges!
- Developing high quality software as part of a team.
- Work with a local team as well as remote members to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
- Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team. (this is in senior but not in junior)
- Building relationships with key artists and production staff.
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation.
- Support existing toolset
Work with and mentor more junior members of the team
Skills and Experience
- Excellent understanding of python
- An understanding of PyQt
- Familiarity with Linux
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Technical writing ability
Desired Additional Skills:
- Familar with Git
- Familar with a Game Engine
- Experience of Agile methodologies and test driven development
- Some VFX Pipeline expereience
- Degree in Computer science, engineering or equivalent?
- Some understanding of the film making process
- The ability to think logically, breaking down a problem into their component systems
- Positive attitude towards learning, [sharing and mentoring] (these last two aren't on our generic junior description). Yep
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and high pressure environment.
- Able to complete tasks without direct management
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills. (personal or skills?) I'm okay with personal
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.