Software QA Developers
- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries.
Our status as a world-class visual effects facility has been achieved through the development of industry-leading software, which empowers our artists to create stunning visual effects. MPC has a rich history of technical innovation. We recognise that it’s the partnership of leading creativity and technology that delivers spectacular results. We are committed to technology in service of creativity and are constantly exploring new approaches to deliver higher quality. We have a talented team and many of the leading technologists in the industry started their careers at MPC.
Our Software team combines award winning, third party software with our own tools and technologies to create powerful and innovative solutions to the most challenging visual effects requirements. Our developers create software, which addresses the needs of clients in today’s constantly evolving visual effects environment.
We are hiring a number of Software QA Developers for our London based software team. Working with our development teams in delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges, we are looking for someone to improve our software development process by helping us apply best automation practices, and enabling us to lead the charge from engineering for the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative, develop and test software of the highest quality, and think beyond the scope of each development task - our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system.
- Work with Artists and Software Developers to understand tools, and pipeline workflows; resulting in creating tests cases
- An understanding of VFX processes
- Work with an Agile team to create, document and execute test plans to test features, functionality, and SDK/API
- Support development in writing and maintaining automated tests including unit tests, functional tests, performance tests, and interoperability tests
- Write code to automate testing of new functionalities and services using our existing architecture, test framework and continuous delivery pipeline
- Analyze, debug, report and track software defects
- Provide reports and analyses on automation results and code coverage
- Championing automation best practices and the overall quality process
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious Software QA Developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
- Previous Test automation experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Knowledge of Python, and C++
- Knowledge of QA testing methodologies, tools, and best practises
- Have experience working with one or more automation frameworks
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work in a flexible and changing environment
Desired additional skills
- Knowledge of one ore more VFX application APIs - Maya, Katana, Houdini, or Nuke
- Knowledge of VFX production workflows
- Familiarity with Linux development environment
- Experience working with build and automation continuous integration environments
- Positive attitude towards learning.
- A passion to automate everything
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Extremely organized with good communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to analyze complex problems and workflows.
- Deadline orientated and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.