Systems Administrator - Linux and Windows
- London, UK
MPC is one of the world's leading post production facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for feature films, advertising, music and television. Technology is at the heart of the company, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team who develop and maintain the infrastructure on which the visual effects are created.
There is currently a vacancy for a junior mid level Systems Administrator in the Systems team supporting the Film department. The role offers the successful candidate potential to advance their technical skills, plus hands on experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing, Windows and Linux especially, and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
· Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Windows and Linux.
· Help troubleshoot application issues, OS issues, networking problems and other complex systems issues.
· Maintain Microsoft deployment and automation tools.
· Perform software installs and manage software licenses.
· Coordinate with other members of the Systems team to resolve issues.
· Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
· Various ad-hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· Professional experience in a Systems/IT Support position.
· Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 including installation and configuration.
· Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012 R2 including installation and configuration.
· In depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, SCCM, WSUS and Group Policy.
· Experience with Microsoft DFS.
· Knowledge of Linux including command line.
· Experience with physical and virtual server environments.
· Understanding of networking protocols, network switching, VLANs, Routers, IP subnets, DNS and DHCP.
· Excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
· Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure.
· An ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues.
· Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related area.
· Programming or scripting experience.
· Experience of troubleshooting creative programs such as Maya, Nuke or Photoshop.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of film visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.