Mid-Level Systems Administrator
- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
There is currently a vacancy for a Linux Desktop Support Administrator in the Systems team supporting the Film department. The role offers the successful candidate potential to advance their technical skills, plus hands on experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing, Windows and Linux especially, and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
· Providing Linux support to members of the business, including VFX artists
· Help troubleshoot application issues, OS issues, networking problems and system issues
· Performing software installations and managing software licenses
· Coordinating / delegating with other team members in the systems team to resolve issues
· Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern
· Various ad-hoc project work
· Making sure computer systems run smoothly throughout the business.
· Professional experience of Linux
· Professional experience in a Systems/IT Support position.
· Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 including installation and configuration.
· Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012 R2 including installation and configuration.
· In depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, SCCM, WSUS and Group Policy.
· Experience with Microsoft DFS.
· Knowledge of Linux including command line.
· Experience with physical and virtual server environments.
· Understanding of networking protocols, network switching, VLANs, Routers, IP subnets, DNS and DHCP.
· Excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
· Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure.
· An ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues.
· Programming or scripting experience.
· Experience of troubleshooting creative programs such as Maya, Nuke or Photoshop.
· Previous Visual Effects experience.
· This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of film visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.