- Adelaide SA, Australia
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide- Australia, Bangalore- India and Montreal- Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
Lighting TDs are responsible for producing high-quality lighting and rendering for our CG scenes. If you have a passion for lighting and can use Maya and Renderman then we want to hear from you, whether you've just graduated, are looking for new challenges or are used to leading teams of Lighting TDs - all levels are welcome!
For consideration we would expect many of the following skills:
- Strong Knowledge of Renderman (user level)
- Strong understanding of rendering methods.
- Understanding Shading models
- Shader Writing Ability a plus
- Previous experience with Linux
- Knowledge of Mel/Python scripting
- Previous experience in a VFX environment
- Previous experience performing Look Development tasks
- Experience of real-world lighting and photography
- Katana experience would be a bonus
Whilst we may not have a suitable vacancy within our Lighting team at the time you apply we will ensure that we keep in touch for future opportunities. If we do have a position we think would interest you then we will be in touch really soon!