Communications & Engagement Specialist
- Montreal, Canada
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide- Australia, Bangalore- India and Montreal- Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
At Mill Film we deliver engaging communications, activities and events supported with a strong internal brand to all Film employees across our sites in Adelaide and Montréal.
Reporting to the Global Senior Talent Manager, as part of our Talent Team, you play a key and tactical role in achieving our goal of outstanding Talent Experience. You are instrumental in creating a strong and vibrant Mill Film Talent (Employee) culture and identity through Talent Engagement initiatives and Internal Talent communications plan. You define and set our tone of voice, look and feel and help tell our story.
You will be hands-on and involved in the more 'day to day' requirements for both our Montreal and Adelaide studios, navigating the wider Global context.
We are starting-up and growing exponentially and need someone who can hit the ground running! We’re looking to hire a creative, enthusiastic Talent Communications and Engagement Specialist, who is a self-starter, eager, pro-active and most of all passionate about shaping our brand identity, voice and story to our internal Talent and potential candidates. Must be a savvy communicator, forward-thinking and possess a knack for defining the tone of voice, look and feel.
· Work closely with your Senior Talent Manager and the wider Talent Team to ensure the Employee experience is on brand, aligned in both locations and reviewed regularly;
· Act as an instrument in and execute on the creation of our Mill Film Talent Identity, voice and culture, ensuring consistency in both locations;
· Develop and execute tone of voice and look & feel aligned with our Talent Experience goals and vision;
· Develop and execute on our Internal Talent communications plan and direction; set-up processes and routines;
· Develop and execute on our Talent Engagement plan and direction; set-up processes and routines;
· Create, manage and attend Talent Engagement and CSR activities, initiatives and events;
· Manage Talent volunteer engagement, partner engagement for activities, initiatives and events;
· Develop communications materials and integration into existing corporate channels and materials;
· Maintain the integrity of Mill Film’s brand ensuring there is a correlation between external and internal;
· Copywrite, and produce relevant written and video campaign materials;
· Graphic creation for Talent campaigns and internal documents;
· Management of an annual employee survey, including devising follow up and action items
· Generate on-brand content and manage for our talent suite of talent facing communication and social platforms/channels;
· Work with various internal stakeholders to identify content for various comms and engagement activities;
· Work with internal developers in the implementation of Mill Film Insider (internal intranet) to ensure it effectively displays information;
· Be the point of contact for communications queries from around the business.
· Genuine in integrating our diversity and inclusion ethos;
· Experience developing internal comms and engagement strategies and measuring their effectiveness;
· Event management experience;
· Excellent writing skills in French and English for a variety of audiences with a high attention to detail;
· Experience shooting and editing video;
· Proven ability to work as part of a team in a very fast paced environment;
· Confident presentation and comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders;
· Experience using a content management system - CMS systems (Wordpress) is highly desirable;
· Experience in using a wide range of digital and social channels;
· Self-starter with a good sense of prioritisation and hands on approach; able to deliver to tight deadlines;
· Innovative and forward thinking; keeping up digital/social media trends and platforms, proactively incorporating new ideas and/or emerging platforms;
· Experience using Adobe Creative Suite is highly desirable;
· Experience in a creative or artistic environment preferred.