Junior Developer/Pipeline Engineer
- Montreal, QC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are seeking to appoint a Junior Developer for our Production Operations Engineering team to create, configure and maintain the visual effects production pipelines for each of our film projects. This is a varied role that would be well suited for a technical artist. A successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, good technical and trouble-shooting skills, strong attention to detail, and have exposure to or experience with image manipulation and color management. This role supports our show production, editorial and imaging science departments.
- Job setup, production pipeline configuration and support
- Managing the automated Data I/O for the Editorial department
Ingestion (importing client materials shot on set, such as camera footage and all associated data files)
- Image/color manipulation and reformatting
- Masking, text burn-ins, information slate generation
- QuickTime generation
- File naming and organization
- Testing, ensuring quality control of all configuration and images produced
- Troubleshooting operational issues, liaising with Software and Render support
- Internal department tools development and maintenance, working closely with the Software department to ensure work is in line with MPC’s coding standards
- Identifying changing requirements, recommending solutions
- Technical documentation
Skills and Experience
- Certificate or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar
- Proficient in the use of Linux command line
- Understanding of video encoding and image processing
- Basic skills in Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience in a technical customer support role
- Previous experience in a VFX environment would be an advantage
- Knowledge of basic compositing principles or direct compositing experience
- Knowledge of digital content creation experience, especially Nuke
- Understanding of basic color science (color spaces, LUTs)
- A strong commitment to quality, service and reliability
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work load
if you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.