- Culver City, CA
MPC is one of the world's leading post production facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for feature films, advertising, music and television. Technology is at the heart of the company, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team who develop and maintain the infrastructure on which the visual effects are created.
We are actively looking for a Systems Administrator to support the Film department in LA. This role offers the potential to advance your technical skills and experience using state-of-the-art technology. You will have an opportunity to learn from highly experienced colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
· Attention to detail
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to work with staff face-to-face, or via phone, tickets and chat
· Provide desktop support for artists and production staff using Windows, macOS, and Linux
· Setup and install workstations
· Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware/software/network issues
· Calibrate artist monitors
· Ad-hoc project work
· Ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly to critical issues
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· A keen interest in computer hardware and systems technology
· Excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team
· Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure
· Basic knowledge of servers, networking, storage and render systems for troubleshooting purposes
· Ambition to improve skillset and knowledge base
· Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of film visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.