Senior Software Developer - Products
- Montreal, QC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are hiring a Senior Software Developer for our visual effects products in our Montreal-based software products team. We are looking for someone able to contribute to building some of the most advanced tools in the VFX industry, enabling our artists to successfully deliver on some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
We need people who are able to take initiative, develop software of the highest quality, and think beyond the scope of each development task. They should embrace agility, change and lean product development. Our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system. We require our developers to support the full life cycle of our software projects from design to maintenance, while constantly improving the software to address new challenges!
We are looking for a software developer with an excellent grasp of 3D, rendering, scene management and distributed computing . The role will be responsible for the development of new products that will help to efficiently deliver the next generation of film visual effects.
- Design, architect and implement cutting edge applications.
- Work with Lead and Product Owner to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall product strategy.
- Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
- Communicate tasks, challenges and ideas across a globally distributed team.
- Deliver efficient, robust and high quality software.
- Contribute technical and user facing documentation.
- Build relationships with key artists, and production staff.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a software developer position.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of C++ and Python.
- Strong understanding of computer graphics, mathematics.
- Expert with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
- Advanced knowledge of VFX applications (Maya, Katana, Nuke, Houdini, etc) is a plus.
- Experience using software development best practices.
- Experience designing simple UX for complex back end functionality.
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.