Head of Infrastructure Operations
- Adelaide SA, Australia
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide- Australia, Bangalore- India and Montreal- Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film¹s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
Reporting directly to the Regional Head of Infrastructure Operations, the Head of Infrastructure Operations is responsible for managing Mill Film’s technology departments in Adelaide.
- Communicate the needs and objectives of the business to your department
- Ensure safeguarding of production systems by prioritizing their availability, maintainability, performance and security
- Drive, and contribute regularly to, discussions regarding internal process and system improvements to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure effective engagement with internal stakeholders, from strategy definition to solution delivery
- Drive forward a wide variety of rendering projects
- Manage and lead a team of talented and motivated technical staff
- Liaise with the Mill Film’s global business on behalf of global technology departments
- 5 years of proven leadership and management experience in a global company
- 5 years of experience managing technical operations and development
- Experience working in a VFX facility is a plus
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative
- A strong commitment to quality, service and reliability
- Ability to prioritize workloads, manage time, plans and people effectively
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.